Where do I start?
He got down on one knee and asked you to be his wife. You said “Yes” and the planning begins! Finding the perfect venue in Atlanta or Georgia for that matter can be overwhelming. Booking your ceremony & reception location is exciting and one of the most important steps in planning your wedding. It can also be the most stressful with so many styles & locations to choose from . Here are a five steps to take before you begin touring venues.
- Set a budget: Since your venue (ceremony/reception) will be the largest budgetary item on the list it is crucial that you sit down with your parents and discuss the budget. This will help you narrow down your choices.
- Create a guest list: Your guest list will be dictated by your budget and will assist you in choosing a venue that will fit the logics of your plans.
- Wedding style: Knowing your wedding style will help you plan and design the wedding details from start to finish. Are you classic, vintage, modern or rustic?
- Venue style/feel: Atlanta and the surrounding areas have a wide array of wedding venues, from picturesque outdoor options to historic homes to modern museums.
- Consider hiring a planner: Hiring a Wedding Planner, needn’t be a luxury-it can actually help you to save both time and money. Your planner will know the logistics of the venue, what catering companies they work with and offer up advice on what location will best fit your vision.